Understand for the Present, Predict for the Future
Analyze statistical data, such as mortality, accident, sickness, disability, and retirement rates, and construct probability tables to forecast risk and liability for payment of future benefits. May ascertain insurance rates required and cash reserves necessary to ensure payment of future benefits.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
Related Job Titles
Actuarial Analyst, Actuarial Associate, Actuarial Consultant, Actuary, Consulting Actuary, Health Actuary, Pricing Actuary, Pricing Analyst, Product Development Actuary, Retirement Actuary
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (much faster than average)
What you Need to Know
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Analytical or scientific software — IBM SPSS Statistics; Insightful S-PLUS; SAS; Statistical software
- Data base user interface and query software — Data entry software; Microsoft SQL Server; Oracle software; Structured query language SQL
- Financial analysis software — GGY AXIS; Oak Mountain Software AnnuityValue; Pricing software; Towers Perrin MoSes
- Object or component oriented development software — C++; Oracle Java; Python; R
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.