Heal Through Beauty, Heal Through Expression
Plan or conduct art therapy sessions or programs to improve clients' physical, cognitive, or emotional well-being.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
Related Job Titles
Art Psychotherapist, Bereavement Program Coordinator, Day Treatment Clinician/Art Therapist, Art Therapist, Children’s Program Coordinator, Group Therapist, Art Therapist/Licensed Professional Counselor (Art Therapist/LPC), Counselor/Art Therapist, Registered & Board Certified Art Therapist
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (much faster than average)
What you Need to Know
- Therapy and Counseling — Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and for career counseling and guidance.
- Psychology — Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Fine Arts — Knowledge of the theory and techniques required to compose, produce, and perform works of music, dance, visual arts, drama, and sculpture.
- Sociology and Anthropology — Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, cultures and their history and origins.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.