Knowledge of Wealth is Wealth in of Itself
Examine, analyze, and interpret accounting records to prepare financial statements, give advice, or audit and evaluate statements prepared by others. Install or advise on systems of recording costs or other financial and budgetary data.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
Related Job Titles
Accountant, Auditor, Financial Auditor, Revenue Tax Specialist, Accounting Officer, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), General Accountant, Audit Partner, Cost Accountant, Internal Auditor
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected growth (average)
What you Need to Know
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Accounting software — Fund accounting software; Intuit QuickBooks; Sage 50 Accounting; Summit Software Summit Biofuels Accounting
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Microsoft Dynamics GP; NetSuite ERP; Oracle Hyperion; Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Financial analysis software — Delphi Technology; Oracle E-Business Suite Financials; TopCAATs; Tropics
- Tax preparation software — ATX Total Tax Office; CCH ProSystem fx TAX; Orrtax Software IntelliTax Classic; Thomson GoSystem Tax
- Word processing software — Google Docs; Microsoft OneNote; Microsoft Word
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.