Discover the Measure of Humankind
Develop and apply biostatistical theory and methods to the study of life sciences.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
Related Job Titles
Associate Director of Biostatistics, Principal Biostatistician, Senior Biostatistician/Group Leader, Biostatistician, Principal Statistical Scientist, Biostatistics Director, Research Scientist
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (much faster than average)
What you Need to Know
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Medicine and Dentistry — Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Analytical or scientific software — IBM SPSS Statistics; Minitab; SAS; The MathWorks MATLAB
- Data base user interface and query software — Microsoft Access; Microsoft SQL Server; Oracle software; Structured query language SQL
- Object or component oriented development software — C++; Oracle Java; Practical extraction and reporting language Perl; R
- Operating system software — Bash; Linux; Shell script; UNIX
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.