Plan, direct, or coordinate compensation and benefits activities of an organization.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
Related Job Titles
Benefits Coordinator, Compensation Director, Employee Benefits Director, Benefits Manager, Compensation Manager, Employee Benefits Manager, Compensation and Benefits Manager, Employee Benefits Coordinator, Payroll Manager
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (average)
What you Need to Know
- Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Data base user interface and query software — Microsoft Access; Microsoft Dynamics Marketing; Microsoft SQL Server; Structured query language SQL
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Microsoft Dynamics GP; Oracle Hyperion; Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne; Oracle PeopleSoft
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator; Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop; Microsoft Visio
- Human resources software — ADP Workforce Now; Human resource information system HRIS; Human resource management software HRMS; Vantage Point Software HRA
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.