Uncover the Past for Future Generations
Administer collections, such as artwork, collectibles, historic items, or scientific specimens of museums or other institutions. May conduct instructional, research, or public service activities of institution.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
Related Job Titles
Collections Curator, Education Curator, Gallery Director, Vertebrate Zoology Curator, Collections Manager, Exhibitions Curator, Museum Curator, Curator, Exhibits Curator, Photography Curator
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (much faster than average)
What you Need to Know
- History and Archeology — Knowledge of historical events and their causes, indicators, and effects on civilizations and cultures.
- Fine Arts — Knowledge of the theory and techniques required to compose, produce, and perform works of music, dance, visual arts, drama, and sculpture.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Sociology and Anthropology — Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, cultures and their history and origins.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Data base user interface and query software — Artsystems Collections; Database software; FileMaker Pro; Microsoft Access
- Development environment software — Adobe Systems Adobe Creative Suite; Microsoft Visual Studio
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator; Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop; Graphics software; Microsoft Paint
- Object or component oriented development software — Practical extraction and reporting language Perl; Python; R
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.