Plan, direct, or coordinate the academic, administrative, or auxiliary activities Plan, direct, or coordinate student instruction, administration, and services, as well as other research and educational activities, at postsecondary institutions, including universities, colleges, and junior and community colleges.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
Related Job Titles
Academic Affairs Vice President (Academic Affairs VP), Academic Dean, Admissions Director, College President, Dean, Financial Aid Director, Institutional Research Director, Provost, Registrar, Students Dean
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (average)
What you Need to Know
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Analytical or scientific software — IBM SPSS Statistics; Minitab; SAS; StataCorp Stata
- Computer based training software — Common Curriculum; Instructure Canvas; Moodle; Schoology
- Data base user interface and query software — Blackboard software; FileMaker Pro; Microsoft Access; Student information systems SIS
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Microsoft Dynamics; Oracle PeopleSoft; Oracle PeopleSoft Financials; SAP
- Web page creation and editing software — Facebook; Google Sites; LinkedIn; Social media sites
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.