Plan, direct, or coordinate the academic, administrative, or auxiliary activities of kindergarten, elementary, or secondary schools.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
Related Job Titles
Athletic Director, Elementary Principal, High School Principal, Middle School Principal, Principal, School Administrator, School Superintendent, Special Education Director, Superintendent, Vice Principal
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (average)
What you Need to Know
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Analytical or scientific software — Desmos; Geogebra; IBM SPSS Statistics; Minitab
- Computer based training software — Common Curriculum; Edulastic; Rethink Ed; Schoology
- Data base user interface and query software — Attendance tracking software; Blackboard software; Microsoft Access; School Attendance Keeper
- Electronic mail software — Gmail; Microsoft Outlook
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — ACS Technologies HeadMaster; Microsoft Dynamics GP; NetSuite ERP ; Wilcomp Software RenWeb
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.