Plan, direct, or coordinate academic or nonacademic activities of preschools or childcare centers and programs, including before- and after-school care.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
Related Job Titles
Childcare Director, Early Head Start Director, Education Coordinator, Education Director, Education Site Manager, Preschool Director, Preschool Program Director, Principal, Site Coordinator
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (faster than average)
What you Need to Know
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Administrative — Knowledge of administrative and office procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and workplace terminology.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Accounting software — Intuit QuickBooks; Quicken
- Desktop communications software — Bloomz; ParentSquare; Tadpoles
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — ACS Technologies HeadMaster; B&I Computer Consultants Childcare Sage; SofterWare EZ-CARE2; The Gallagher Group DataCare
- Database user interface and query software — Auburn Software Debit Square
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.