You're What Keeps the Lights On
Research, design, develop, test, or supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use.
Contact InfoGet In Touch
Related Job Titles
Circuits Engineer, Design Engineer, Electrical Controls Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Project Engineer, Instrumentation and Electrical Reliability Engineer (I&E Reliability Engineer), Power Systems Engineer, Project Engineer, Test Engineer
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
What you Need to Know
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Analytical or scientific software — Minitab; Powersim PSIM; The MathWorks MATLAB; The MathWorks Simulink
- Computer aided design CAD software — Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D; Autodesk Revit; Bentley Microstation; Dassault Systemes SOLIDWORKS
- Development environment software — Eclipse IDE; Integrated development environment IDE software; Microsoft Visual Basic Scripting Edition VBScript; Microsoft Visual Studio
- Object or component oriented development software — C#; C++; Practical extraction and reporting language Perl; Python
- Word processing software — Microsoft OneNote; Microsoft Word
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.