Research, design, plan, or perform engineering duties in the prevention, control, and remediation of environmental hazards using various engineering disciplines. Work may include waste treatment, site remediation, or pollution control technology.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
Related Job Titles
Air Pollution Control Engineer, Engineer, Engineering Consultant, Environmental Engineer, Environmental Remediation Specialist, Hazardous Substances Engineer, Sanitary Engineer
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (slower than average)
What you Need to Know
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Chemistry — Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Analytical or scientific software — DHI Water and Environment MIKE SHE; Insightful S-PLUS; RockWare MODFLOW; The MathWorks MATLAB
- Compliance software — Greenhouse gas management software; Hazardous materials management HMS software; Material safety data sheet MSDS software; Regulatory compliance management software
- Computer aided design CAD softwar — Autodesk AutoCAD; Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D; Bentley Microstation; Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- Desktop communications software — Eko
- Map creation software — ESRI ArcGIS software; ESRI ArcView; Geomechanical design analysis GDA software; Oil mapping software
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.