From Sketch to Stitch
Draw and construct sets of precision master fabric patterns or layouts. May also mark and cut fabrics and apparel.
Contact InfoGet In Touch
Related Job Titles
Cutter, Designer, Fabric Cutter, Pattern Designer, Pattern Maker, Pattern Technician, Production Pattern Maker, Sewing Pattern Layout Technician, Technical Designer
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
What you Need to Know
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Computer-aided design CAD software — Gerber Technology AccuMark; PatternMaker
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe Creative Cloud software; Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator; Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop; SmugMug Flickr
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.