Teach one or more subjects to students at the secondary school level.
Contact InfoGet In Touch
Related Job Titles
Art Teacher, English Teacher, High School Science Teacher, History Teacher, Mathematics Instructor (Math Instructor), Science Teacher, Secondary Teacher, Social Studies Teacher, Spanish Teacher, Teacher
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (average)
What you Need to Know
- Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Psychology — Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Analytical or scientific software — Desmos; Geogebra
- Computer based training software — Common Curriculum; Instructional software; Moodle; Schoology
- Development environment software — ABC programming language; Logo
- Office suite software — Google Drive; Microsoft Office
- Video creation and editing software — Flipgrid; Screencastify; Video editing software
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.
This page includes information from O*NET OnLine by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license.