Lead the Way
Plan, direct, or coordinate human resources activities and staff of an organization.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
Related Job Titles
Employee Relations Manager, HR Administration Director (Human Resources Administration Director), Human Resources Director (HR Director), Human Resources Manager (HR Manager), Human Resources Operations Manager
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (faster than average)
What you Need to Know
- Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Accounting software — AccountantsWorld Payroll Relief; Intuit QuickBooks; New World Systems Logos.NET; Sage 50 Accounting
- Enterprise resource planning ERP softwar — Microsoft Dynamics; Microsoft Dynamics GP; Oracle PeopleSoft; SAP
- Human resources software — ADP Workforce Now; Human resource management software HRMS; Oracle Taleo; peoplefluent Performance
- Presentation software — Mentimeter; Microsoft PowerPoint
- Time accounting software — ADP ezLaborManager; Kronos Workforce Timekeeper; Soft Trac Microix Timesheet; Stromberg Enterprise
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.