If It Isn't Broken, Take It Apart And Fix It
Design, develop, test, and evaluate integrated systems for managing industrial production processes, including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics, and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination.
Contact InfoGet In Touch
Related Job Titles
Continuous Improvement Engineer, Engineer, Facilities Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Operations Engineer, Plant Engineer, Process Engineer, Project Engineer, Quality Engineer, Research and Development Engineer (R and D Engineer)
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (faster than average)
What you Need to Know
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Analytical or scientific software — Finite element method FEM software; Minitab; Statistical software; The MathWorks MATLAB
- Computer aided design CAD software — Autodesk AutoCAD; Bentley MicroStation; Dassault Systemes CATIA; Dassault Systemes SOLIDWORKS
- Development environment software — Integrated development environment IDE software; Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications VBA; Microsoft Visual Basic Scripting Edition VBScript; Microsoft Visual Studio
- Industrial control software — Allen Bradley PanelView; Computer numerical control CNC software; Human machine interface HMI software; Supervisory control and data acquisition SCADA software
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.