Justice For All
Represent clients in criminal and civil litigation and other legal proceedings, draw up legal documents, or manage or advise clients on legal transactions. May specialize in a single area or may practice broadly in many areas of law.
Contact InfoGet in touch
Related Job Titles
Attorney, Attorney at Law, Attorney General, City Attorney, Counsel, Deputy Attorney General, General Counsel, Lawyer
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (average)
What you Need to Know
- Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Accounting software — BQE Software BillQuick; Fund accounting software; LexisNexis PCLaw; TimeSolv Legal
- Data base user interface and query software — Argosy Legal Systems Power Closer; LexisNexis CaseMap; Microsoft Access; WorthMORE Software CaseWORTH
- Document management software — Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat; LexisNexis HotDocs; Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS; WealthCounsel WealthDocs
- Information retrieval or search software — Fastcase; LexisNexis Shepard’s Citations Service; Thomson West WestlawPRO; Wolters Kluwer Loislaw
- Presentation software — IDEA TrialPro; inData TrialDirector; Microsoft PowerPoint; Visionary Legal Technologies Visionary Professional
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.