Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
Contact Infoget in touch
Related Job Titles
Facility Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Plant Engineer, Process Engineer, Process Improvement Engineer
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (faster than average)
What you Need to Know
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Computer aided design CAD software — Autodesk AutoCAD; Dassault Systemes CATIA; Dassault Systemes SOLIDWORKS; PTC Creo Parametric
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software — CNC Mastercam; Geometric CAMWorks; Siemens NX for Manufacturing
- Desktop communications software — Eko
- Development environment software — C; Microsoft Visual Basic; National Instruments LabVIEW
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.