Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as life sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, statistics, and research and development in these fields.
Contact Infoget in touch
Related Job Titles
Analytical Services Manager, Chemical Engineer Supervisor, Chemical Process Exploration Manager, Environmental Program Manager, Lab Manager (Laboratory Manager), Natural Sciences Manager, Research Administrator, Research and Development Director (R and D Director), Research Manager, Water Team Leader
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (faster than average)
What you Need to Know
- Biology — Knowledge of plant and animal organisms, their tissues, cells, functions, interdependencies, and interactions with each other and the environment.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Analytical or scientific software — IBM SPSS Statistics; SAS; StataCorp Stata; The MathWorks MATLAB
- Data base user interface and query software — Microsoft Access; Structured query language SQL
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop; Graphics software; Microsoft Visio