Improve Yourself and Lead Others
Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of public or private sector organizations, overseeing multiple departments or locations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources, but are too diverse and general in nature to be classified in any one functional area of management or administration, such as personnel, purchasing, or administrative services. Usually manage through subordinate supervisors. Excludes First-Line Supervisors.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
Related Job Titles
Business Manager, General Manager (GM), Operations Director, Operations Manager, Plant Superintendent, Store Manager
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (average)
What you Need to Know
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Customer relationship management CRM software — Oracle Eloqua; Sage ACT!; Salesforce software; Sugar CRM
- Data base user interface and query software — Airtable; Amazon Web Services AWS software; Blackboard software; Yardi
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Microsoft Dynamics GP; NetSuite ERP; Oracle Hyperion; Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Operating system software — Apple macOS; Microsoft Windows; Oracle Solaris; Shell script
- Project management software — Confluence; Microsoft SharePoint; Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management; Slack