Unlocking Consumer Dreams
Sell merchandise, such as furniture, motor vehicles, appliances, or apparel to consumers.
Contact InfoGet In Touch
Related Job Titles
Car Salesman, Customer Assistant, Retail Salesperson, Sales Associate, Sales Clerk, Sales Consultant, Sales Person, Sales Representative, Salesman
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
What you Need to Know
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Database user interface and query software — Database software; FileMaker Pro; Gift registry software; Microsoft Access
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe Creative Cloud software; Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator; Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop; SmugMug Flickr
- Point of sale POS software — Millennium Software Atrex; Plexis Software Plexis POS; Specialized Business Solutions Keystroke POS; Windward Software Windward System Five
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.