Design the Next Generation of Machines
Research, design, develop, or test robotic applications.
Contact Infoget in touch
Related Job Titles
Automation Engineer, Autonomous Vehicle Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Factory Automations Engineer, Research Engineer, Robotic Systems Engineer
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (slower than average)
What you Need to Know
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Analytical or scientific software — Computer-aided engineering CAE software; Gazebo; The MathWorks MATLAB; The MathWorks Simulink
- Computer aided design CAD software — Autodesk AutoCAD; Bentley MicroStation; Dassault Systemes CATIA; Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Development environment software — Microsoft .NET Framework; Microsoft Visual Basic; Microsoft Visual Studio; National Instruments LabVIEW
- Operating system software — Linux; Microsoft Windows; Real time operating system RTOS software; UNIX