The Science of the Deal
Sell business goods or services, the selling of which requires a technical background equivalent to a baccalaureate degree in engineering.
Contact Infoget in touch
Related Job Titles
Product Sales Engineer, Sales Engineer, Technical Sales Engineer
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (average)
What you Need to Know
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Data base user interface and query software — IBM DB2; Microsoft SQL Server; Oracle DBMS; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Hyperion Solutions Hyperion System 9 Bi+; Oracle PeopleSoft; SAP; SAP Business Objects
- Operating system software — Linux; Oracle Solaris; Shell script; UNIX
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint; WebEx Sales Center