Sell goods for wholesalers or manufacturers where technical or scientific knowledge is required in such areas as biology, engineering, chemistry, and electronics, normally obtained from at least 2 years of postsecondary education.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
Related Job Titles
Inside Sales Representative, Marketing Representative, Sales Representative
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (average)
What you Need to Know
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Customer relationship management CRM software — ActionWare; Sage ACT!; Salesforce software; Sybase iAnywhere Sales Anywhere
- Data base user interface and query software — Data entry software; FileMaker Pro; Microsoft Access; Oracle DBMS
- Electronic mail software — IBM Notes; Microsoft Exchange; Microsoft Outlook
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Microsoft Dynamics; NetSuite ERP; Oracle Hyperion; Oracle PeopleSoft
- Video conferencing software — LogMeIn GoToMeeting