Present Problems Require Future Solutions
Research, design, and develop computer and network software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Update software or enhance existing software capabilities. May work with computer hardware engineers to integrate hardware and software systems, and develop specifications and performance requirements. May maintain databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
Contact InfoGet in touch
Related Job Titles
Application Developer, Application Integration Engineer, Developer, Infrastructure Engineer, Network Engineer, Software Architect, Software Developer, Software Development Engineer, Software Engineer, Systems Engineer
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (much faster than average)
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Data base management system software — Amazon DynamoDB; Elasticsearch; MongoDB; Oracle PL/SQL
- Data base user interface and query software — Airtable; Apache Hive; Blackboard software; Transact-SQL
- Development environment software — Advanced business application programming ABAP; Apache Ant; Common business oriented language COBOL; Go
- Object or component oriented development software — Apache Spark; jQuery; Objective C; Scala
- Web platform development software — Backbone.js; Microsoft ASP.NET Core MVC; React; Spring Framework
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.