Oversee the Flow of Commerce
Direct or coordinate production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, or financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, or safety. Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs. Direct the movement, storage, or processing of inventory.
Contact Infoget in touch
Related Job Titles
Global Supply Chain Director, Material Requirements Planning Manager, Solution Design and Analysis Manager, Supply Chain Director, Supply Chain Manager
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (faster than average)
What you Need to Know
- Transportation — Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Analytical or scientific software — Minitab; SAP APO; Simulation and modeling software
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — NetSuite ERP; Oracle Hyperion; Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne; Oracle PeopleSoft
- Inventory management software — IBM ILOG Inventory Analyst; Oracle Inventory
- Materials requirements planning logistics and supply chain software — Infor Lawson Supply Chain Management; Oracle e-Business Suite Supply Chain Management; SAP SCM; Swisslog WarehouseManager
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.