Instruct individual students or small groups of students in academic subjects to support formal class instruction or to prepare students for standardized or admissions tests.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
Related Job Titles
Academic Coach, Academic Guidance Specialist, Accounting Tutor, Educational Advisor, Finance Tutor, Grade School Tutor, Private Mathematics Tutor, Private Tutor, Professional Tutor, Tutor
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (faster than average)
What you Need to Know
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Computer-based training software — Academic educational software; Moodle; Schoology
- Database user interface and query software — Blackboard software; Database software; Redrock Software TutorTrac
- Multi-media educational software — Edpuzzle; Nearpod; Seesaw
- Video creation and editing software — Flipgrid; Screencastify
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.