Design digital user interfaces or websites. Develop and test layouts, interfaces, functionality, and navigation menus to ensure compatibility and usability across browsers or devices. May use web framework applications as well as client-side code and processes. May evaluate web design following web and accessibility standards, and may analyze web use metrics and optimize websites for marketability and search engine ranking. May design and test interfaces that facilitate the human-computer interaction and maximize the usability of digital devices, websites, and software with a focus on aesthetics and design. May create graphics used in websites and manage website content and links.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
RELATED JOB TITLES
Technology Applications Engineer, Web Architect, Web Design Specialist, Web Designer, Web Developer, Webmaster
Median wages annual
Projected job openings
What you Need to Know
- Collaborate with web development professionals, such as front-end or back-end developers, to complete the full scope of Web development projects.
- Communicate with network personnel or Web site hosting agencies to address hardware or software issues affecting Web sites.
- Conduct user research to determine design requirements and analyze user feedback to improve design quality.
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Create searchable indices for Web page content.
- Create Web models or prototypes that include physical, interface, logical, or data models.
- Design, build, or maintain Web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Develop and document style guidelines for Web site content.
- Develop new visual design concepts and modify concepts based on stakeholder feedback.