Become an Educational Technology Leader
Provides K12 teachers and administrators with innovative ways to design, develop and integrate technology with sound pedagogy. We take a practice-based approach to technology integration, emphasizing free and low-cost tools. Coursework is designed, so K12 teachers create work for their teaching practice.
Curriculum and Courses
The master's program requires a minimum of 30 credit hours (3 IDT core courses, 6 required courses and 1 Capstone project course).
- EDP 537: Blended and Online Learning Design
- EDP 583: Game-based Learning Design
- EDP 645: Curriculum and Technology
- EDP 632: Instructional Design Theories and Models
- EDP 636: Diversity, Technology and Learning
This degree includes the Computer/Technology Endorsement and expands opportunities for K12 teachers. Many of our graduates have transitioned into media and technology specialists. Completion of the endorsement opens eligible for positions requiring Computer/Technology Endorsement #111770.
Facts and Stats
First pass rate for the Ohio Assessment Exam for the Computer/Technology Endorsement
National Public University
U.S. News & World Report, 2020
of Master's Graduates are Successfully Employed, Enrolled in Higher Education, or in a Volunteer/Service Program
Miami University Data
Where Education Becomes Something Greater
Explore what it means to be a graduate student at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, where students prepare to go anywhere and everywhere.
Admission to the master’s degree program requires:
1. acceptance by the Graduate School,
2. a vita or resume detailing education and work experience as well as personal relevant experience,
3. a brief essay (500-750 words) on a topic pertinent to your professional reasons for pursuing the degree,
4. official transcripts, and
5. two letters of recommendation from faculty, professional colleagues or other persons who can provide insight about your potential for graduate study and interpersonal skills.
Students in this program are eligible for the Ohio TEAM Scholarship. The Ohio TEAM Scholarship is a non-competitive, renewable scholarship for K12 teachers in Ohio.Learn more