Innovation on Another Level
The pioneering Graduate Certificate in Esports Management is taught online through Twitch and features a one-term boot camp providing hands-on experiences. These online esports courses build upon Miami University's renowned games program and our leadership role in creating varsity collegiate esports in the United States. Start your esports career and join a growing multibillion-dollar industry!
Curriculum and Courses
The Esports Management Graduate Certificate is a one-year, mostly online program, which provides a comprehensive understanding of the esports ecosystem and the best practices for management of a professional esports team and supporting businesses. The certificate is a total of eight courses: Two semesters of three, two-credit-hour courses, surrounded by three credit hours of actual tournament organization experience. The courses provide an esports foundation in all aspects of tournament organization, branding/marketing, sponsorship, logistics, team management, recruiting, finance, global issues, publishers, history, business models, media rights/legal, and of course, broadcasting.
The normal time to complete the Esports Management certificate is one academic year, with most coursework delivered online through Twitch.
Fall semester: Online esports courses introduce fundamental concepts in competitive online gaming including broadcasting and event management.
Winter term: On Miami University’s campus in Oxford, Ohio, this term includes an ecosystem class led by an industry expert and a bootcamp in which students help manage the largest esports tournament in the midwestern United States.
Spring semester: The final term explores the business of esports, promotion, and team management.
- Introduction to Esports (IMS 570)
- Esports Broadcasting (IMS 571)
- Esports Event Management (IMS 572)
To apply for Miami University’s Graduate Certificate in Esports Management program, you’ll need:
- A four-year baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Undergraduate transcript
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
Student Learning Outcomes
- Effectively analyze and critically apply sport analytics knowledge and skills to address real-world sport performance and sport business issues.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to analyze, interpret, and make application of data analysis including descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive methods.
- Apply data decision-making skills to existing careers in fields such as sport management, coaching, sport marketing, sales and sponsorship, strength and conditioning, and sport administration.