You'll be Central in the Design and Development of Instructional Technology
The Instructional Design & Technology MA program provides new and existing learning designers with expertise in the design, development, and integration of technology to support a diverse workforce. Our online program is designed to provide hands-on experience and allows students to individualize their program to meet their professional goals.<br><br>From the corporate world to industry, higher education and health care, instructional designers are central in the design and development of innovative learning and training for today's diverse workforce.
Curriculum and Courses
The master's program requires a minimum of 30 credit hours (3 IDT core courses, 6 required courses and 1 Capstone project course).
- EDP 631: Foundations of Instructional Design and Technology
- EDP 632: Instructional Design Theories and Models
- EDP 633: Formative/Summative Evaluation of Learning Design
- EDP 583: Game-based Learning Design
- EDP 537: Blended and Online Learning Design
Instructional Design, Learning Design, Trainer, Educational Media Specialist, Teacher (adult education)
Facts and Stats
A Degree That Holds Its Worth
College for Producing Fortune 500 CEOs Nationwide
of Master's Graduates are Successfully Employed, Enrolled in Higher Education, or in a Volunteer/Service Program
Miami University Data
National Public University
U.S. News & World Report, 2020
Where Education Becomes Something Greater
Explore what it means to be a graduate student at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, where students prepare to go anywhere and everywhere.
Admission to the master’s degree program requires:
1. acceptance by the Graduate School,
2. a vita or resume detailing education and work experience as well as personal relevant experience,
3. a brief essay (500-750 words) on a topic pertinent to your professional reasons for pursuing the degree,
4. official transcripts, and
5. two letters of recommendation from faculty, professional colleagues or other persons who can provide insight about your potential for graduate study and interpersonal skills.
Students who are current K12 teachers in the state of Ohio are eligible for the Ohio TEAM Scholarship. The Ohio TEAM Scholarship is a non-competitive, renewable scholarship for K12 teachers in Ohio.Learn more