Advanced Performance Study
We foster musical and intellectual skills, through both individual mentorship and group collaboration, inspiring students to become independent thinkers and innovators who discover their voices and reimagine themselves in our global society.
Curriculum and Courses
- MUS 621 Graduate Research in Music
- MUS 661 Graduate Analysis
- MUS 644 Applied Music
- MUS 682 Repertory
Facts and Stats
A Degree That Holds Its Worth
College for Producing Fortune 500 CEOs Nationwide
of Master's Graduates are Successfully Employed, Enrolled in Higher Education, or in a Volunteer/Service Program
Miami University Data
National Public University
U.S. News & World Report, 2020
Where Education Becomes Something Greater
Explore what it means to be a graduate student at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, where students prepare to go anywhere and everywhere.
To apply to the Master of Music in Performance degree program, you must have completed undergraduate courses equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in music performance.
You must submit to the Department of Music:
- A brief statement describing the personal and professional objectives to be served by a master’s degree from Miami University.
- Letters from three people recommending your admission to graduate study in music.
- Finally, you must complete a successful audition in the major instrument or voice. More information may be found on our Auditions page.
If you are unable to audition in person, you may upload a video of your audition via Acceptd.”