Work in research/academia policy & services
The doctoral program encourages you to integrate knowledge and research methods from a range of behavioral and social sciences. Our program builds scholars and educators who can meet the challenges, demands, and opportunities presented by global aging. As a graduate, you will be prepared to teach and conduct research in institutions of higher education, and hold positions in policy or service organizations.
Curriculum and Courses
- GSC 601 College Teaching Enhancement
- GTY 609 Qualitative Research Methods
- GTY 702 Knowledge Construction and Advanced Theory
- GTY 705 Oral and Written Communication in Gerontology
- GTY 708 Quantitative Methods and Statistics
- GTY 718 Statistical Modeling in Gerontology
- GTY 745 Sociology of Aging
Where Education Becomes Something Greater
Explore what it means to be a graduate student at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, where students prepare to go anywhere and everywhere.