You Know Better Than Anyone That Knowledge is Wealth
Conduct research, prepare reports or formulate plans to address economic problems related to the production and distribution of goods and services or monetary and fiscal policy. May collect and process economic and statistical data using sampling techniques and econometric methods.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
Related Job Titles
Economic Analyst, Economic Consultant, Economic Development Specialist, Economist, Forensic Economist, Project Economist, Research Analyst, Research Associate, Revenue Research Analyst, Tax Economist
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (average)
What you Need to Know
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Analytical or scientific software — IBM SPSS Statistics; Minitab; SAS; The MathWorks MATLAB
- Internet browser software — Microsoft Internet Explorer; Mozilla Firefox; Web browser software
- Object or component oriented development software — C++; Oracle Java; Python; R
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint
- Spreadsheet software — Corel QuattroPro; IBM Lotus 1-2-3; Microsoft Excel
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.