Travel the Frontier of the Mind
Assess, diagnose, and treat mental and emotional disorders of individuals through observation, interview, and psychological tests. Help individuals with distress or maladjustment understand their problems through their knowledge of case history, interviews with patients, and theory. Provide individual or group counseling services to assist individuals in achieving more effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment. May design behavior modification programs and consult with medical personnel regarding the best treatment for patients.
Contact Infoget in touch
Related Job Titles
Applied Behavior Science Specialist (ABSS), Child Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Therapist, Counseling Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Pediatric Psychologist, Psychologist, Psychotherapist
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (average)
What you Need to Know
- Psychology — Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Therapy and Counseling — Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and for career counseling and guidance.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sociology and Anthropology — Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, cultures and their history and origins.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Accounting software — MPMsoft billing
- Analytical or scientific software — Comprehensive Affect Testing System CATS; Noldus Information Technology The Observer; Statistical software; Testing software
- Calendar and scheduling software — SpectraSoft AppointmentsPRO; Thriveworks TherapyBuddy