Designed especially for advanced students who wish to take advantage of the opportunity to begin their graduate career early.
The graduate program in Spanish at Miami University offers students the opportunity to earn a Master's Degree through advanced study of Spanish and Spanish American culture and Spanish linguistics. Faculty's interests and areas of research comprise Spain, Spanish-America, and a Trans-Atlantic perspective from a variety of literary, cinematic, and cultural studies standpoints.
Curriculum and Courses
- SPN 550 Topics in Hispanic Culture and Language
- SPN 551 Spanish Cultural Studies
- SPN 554 Don Quixote
- SPN 561 Spanish American Film, Visual, and Digital Studies
- SPN 562 Contemporary Spanish American Literature
- SPN 563 Spanish American Interdisciplinary Studies
- SPN 581 Spanish Phonology and Syntax
- SPN 582 Language Variation in Spanish
- SPN 584 Second Language Acquisition: Spanish.
- SPN 600 Seminar in Hispanic Language, Literature or Culture
- SPN 677 Independent Studies
- SPN 680. Independent Studies
- SPN 700 Research for Master’s Thesis
Undergraduate students may also wish to enroll in the combined BA/MA program in Spanish which allows students to pursue a master degree in an accelerated manner while pursuing their bachelor’s degree.Learn More
Where Education Becomes Something Greater
Explore what it means to be a graduate student at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, where students prepare to go anywhere and everywhere.