Create What Heals
Apply knowledge of engineering, biology, and biomechanical principles to the design, development, and evaluation of biological and health systems and products, such as artificial organs, prostheses, instrumentation, medical information systems, and health management and care delivery systems.
Contact InfoGet in Touch
Related Job titles
Biomedical Electronics Technician, Biomedical Engineer, Biomedical Engineering Technician, Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET), Biomedical Technician, Engineer, Process Engineer, Research Engineer, Research Scientist
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (faster than average)
What you Need to Know
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Biology — Knowledge of plant and animal organisms, their tissues, cells, functions, interdependencies, and interactions with each other and the environment.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Analytical or scientific software — Minitab; SAS; The MathWorks MATLAB; Wolfram Research Mathematica
- Computer aided design CAD software — Autodesk AutoCAD; Dassault Systemes SOLIDWORKS; Mathsoft Mathcad; Zuken
- Development environment software — Integrated development environment IDE software; Microsoft Azure; Microsoft Visual Basic; National Instruments LabVIEW
- Enterprise application integration software — Extensible markup language XML; Microsoft Teams; Rapid application development RAD software
- Medical software — ADInstruments LabChart; Gait analysis software; Medical information software; Virtual instrument software
Related Career Options
Explore careers that require similar skills.