There's a Formula to Success
Formulate and apply mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions. May collect and analyze data and develop decision support software, services, or products. May develop and supply optimal time, cost, or logistics networks for program evaluation, review, or implementation.
Contact Infoget in touch
Related Job Titles
Advanced Analytics Associate, Analytical Strategist, Decision Analyst, Operations Research Analyst, Optimization Analyst
Facts and Stats
Your career outlook is looking good – just like these stats.
Median wages (annual)
Projected job openings
Projected growth (much faster than average)
What you Need to Know
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Top Technology Requirements Included in Job Postings
- Analytical or scientific software — IBM SPSS Statistics; Minitab; SAS; The MathWorks MATLAB
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — NetSuite ERP; Oracle Hyperion; Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne; Oracle PeopleSoft
- Object or component oriented development software — Practical extraction and reporting language Perl; R; Scala; Swift
- Operating system software — Bash; Oracle Solaris; Shell script; UNIX Shell